November 1, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She loves to play ping pong at KRK and I can only assume she is pretty good at it because she is normally pretty good at all sports.  Well, she told me that she made not one but two boys cry because she beat them so badly at ping pong.  Listen, I'm not in favor of Emily making anyone cry but seriously!  If these two little boys cannot handle losing a simple game of ping pong then they are in for some severe disappointments over the course of their childhoods.  Secretly, I am a little excited that a girl, my girl, was able to show these boys "who's boss!"

2)  HALLOWEEN!  Oh so much fun!  Emily happily helped me make a pumpkin cake for my party at work; she excitedly selected candy from Target (all of her favorite kinds, of course!)  and she was thrilled to dress up for school and trick or treat!  Unfortunately, we had to throw the carved pumpkin (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2013/10/terrific-tuesday.html) away the day before Halloween…due to all of the warm weather we’ve been having, the bugs are still in full force and decided to claim the inside of the pumpkin as their home and another pumpkin hit the trash right before trick or treat and it was definitely far from being a treat for me since I got the privilege of cleaning it up...GROSS!  Rob took Emily out to collect candy and I was a major slacker and put a bowl of candy on the porch for the trick-or-treaters that came to our house.



Mommy's Bumble Bee Legs!
Can't decide if they look like they should
have a house sitting on them or if they look
more like the socks that the Steelers wore with
the Throwback Uniforms!
3)  This week has been Red Ribbon Week at Em's school and each day has had a theme associated with it! I'm pretty certain on Wednesday that Emily may have been one of the only children to wear Christmas pjs on pajama day seeing as though it was one day before Halloween!  I ordered she and I matching Grinch pjs to wear on Christmas and she has fallen in love with hers (mine on the other hand are on backorder).  I had to wash them for her Tuesday night so they would be clean to wear to school on Wednesday! Unfortunately, her pjs took a little bit of a beating at school and KRK…she came home covered in grass stains and the bottoms of the pants were all dirty and had little holes in them from rubbing the ground.  Needless to say, she was not happy and actually started crying which made me feel terrible.  I may end up having to purchase another pair of pajamas because now she is so upset about them not looking nice for her Christmas card photo...poor thing!

4)  She had a great field trip on Tuesday and was so excited while she described it and the "brunch" they had at school prior to leaving.  She took in munchkins and was so happy because there were no filled donuts and only the flavors that she likes!  The best part was that she got to bring the extras home and eat them as her snack !  I loved the cute box they came in!


5)  She loves her Lego mini-figures so I decided to find her some coloring pages on line and she has been having a great time coloring and creating new figures.  Here are some photos of her best work!


Bonus 1 – they have been learning about space at school which has reignited Em’s interest in astronomy.  She always liked learning about the planets even in pre-school.  With some of her birthday money, she purchased a telescope and was so excited to tell me all about the moon on Wednesday night.  I couldn’t see a thing through the telescope but she insisted that she could see stars and wrote about it in her “space journal.” 



Bonus 2 - She received her first progress report of the year and did pretty well.  There are a couple areas for improvement but those came as no surprise since Ms. Justice discussed them with us at our parent/teacher conference.  Overall, we are very proud of her progress so far this year!


No comments: