November 13, 2013

6 on Wednesday!

When you have an awesome kid like Emily, sometimes it’s tough to wait until Friday to make a weekly post so here are the top six reasons why I am loving Emily (by the middle of) this week!

1)  She has fallen in love with this new Mary Kay facial brush and has started washing her face on average twice a day!

2)  On Saturday, she attended an all girls dance party birthday and had a great time!  Maybe, just maybe, she'll start being better friends with the girls instead of the boys and then she can have some friends over who are not so crazy!  Well, a mother can wish, right?

3)  This is what happens when a certain little girl who shall remain unnamed insists on using all of the clear tape for various "projects"...you get ready to wrap a birthday gift and you have to use masking tape from the store!  Luckily, it's Emily's present for her Daddy and he doesn't really pay to much attention to things like tape or the fact that is is the only remotely masculine gift wrap we had in the house!


4)  This is the face of a girl happy to see snow on Tuesday evening!


5)  Emily had a note from her teacher in her agenda on Tuesday because she has a difficult time keeping her hands to herself.  When I asked Emily about this, she told me a story about giving her friend Joel a hug and then rubbing his back because her jacket gave him a shock!  Who is this child, I wonder?  I would have assumed it was because she got into some sort of physical altercation not showing affection toward someone.  Typically, she only hugs me and her Daddy and really not too many other people. 

It’s always fun trying to discipline a behavior that really doesn’t seem too bad; on the other hand, some friends may not like being hugged and rubbed (like me or Emily, normally) so I have to think of it from their perspective.  Not quite sure what I think about my seven year old hugging and rubbing on one of the boys either!!

6)  Veterans Day inspired art work!

No comments: