November 11, 2013
Annual Anders/Burgart Trip to the NC Zoo
On Sunday, Emily and I met Erin and Tess Burgart at the NC Zoo. This was our second year in a row making the trip. Erin and I were friends in middle school and Tess and Emily are two weeks apart in age and both only children so it makes for a nice girls day! This year, we felt like we were in a race against time as the girls literally ran through most of the zoo. Unfortunately, I am too old and out of shape to run through the zoo so I was exhausted. The highlight of my day had to be when I slipped on some leaves and hit the ground HARD! It all happened so fast but I know I am hurting today! My left knee is bruised, swollen and scraped up, the back of my right calf is super sore and so is my right wrist from trying to stop my fall. Luckily, Rob and Emily took good care of me last evening and I do think Rob's idea to ice my knee was a good one because the swelling is much less today than yesterday. It's always something!! Other than my injury, we all had a great day and enjoyed the beautiful temperatures in the low 70s and the sunshine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment