1) It was a weekend full of wins! The Steelers on Sunday, the WU Lady Eagles soccer team and the best of all...the Sharks won their first game of the season on Saturday morning! Once again, Emily blew it out as goalie for the first 1/2 of the game! She was on fire! We went to the Winthrop game on Saturday afternoon and were absolutely amazed at how hard the girls play soccer! Very impressive and something for Emily to keep working toward. We had a little picnic lunch before the game and really enjoyed spending time together. I ran into some Tri Sigmas while we were there and that always warms my heart too; especially seeing one in the t-shirt from my pledge semester - funny thing is that the girl wearing it may have only been two or three years older than the shirt seeing as though October 31st marks my 16th anniversary as a Sigma Sigma Sigma!
2) We visited the pumpkin patch at the church near our house and bought three large pumpkins and two small pumpkins! Emily was so excited to work with her Daddy on special carving which she selected from a book we purchased.
3) She amazed me on Sunday when she slept until 9:45 a.m.! What is it going to be like when she is a teenager! I have to admit I enjoyed the quiet and the ability to catch up on a week's worth of DVR'd shows!
4) As part of Emily’s weekly homework, she has three spelling
words and about 5-6 “sight words.” Sight
words are words that she needs to be able to identify but not necessarily know
how to spell. This is a perfect example
of how left brain she is compared to how right brain I am. She sees her “sight words” as pictures – like
this one she drew of a squirrel.
At our April
Manager’s Meeting, one of our presenters asked our group to picture elephant. When he asked the group what they saw, many
said Dumbo or a similar type of image; I , on the other hand, am the ONLY
person (possibly EVER according to the speaker) who actually saw the word
E-L-E-P-H-A-N-T in my mind. I’m totally
a words person as opposed to Emily who is pictures person.
5) As previously mentioned (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2013/09/5-on-friday_27.html), Emily is interested in cooking and likes to help out in the kitchen. On Monday, she wanted to help cook dinner so I assisted while she took the lead! While we were cooking, she said "I don't need no stinkin' cooking school!"(referring to Bakers Buzzin' - the cooking school for kids) She is a nut and dinner was delicious! Of course, she didn't eat any of it but Daddy and Mommy enjoyed it!








No comments:
Post a Comment