October 9, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily during her birthday week!

1)  I am amazed at how well she does building things out of legos and the focus that she has while doing it. On Sunday, she spent a little over an hour building a truck following all 52 steps in the instruction book without a single bit of help.  I would have bored of that so quickly as a child, in fact, I would probably still walk away from it 1/2 way through the process, frustrated and irritable!

2)  She had her one-on-one goalie training with Mr. Scott, a former WU soccer player, and he was totally impressed with her skills!  I've thought for quite a while that Emily has some natural abilities but it certainly is nice hearing it from someone else!  She and her team had an awesome game on Thursday...very exciting to watch and I was so proud of her when she stopped not one or two BUT three balls!  The third stop was so impressive all of the parents on the sidelines clapped!

3)  She is so sweet playing with our neighbor Antoine.  He has some slight developmental delays and it's like she doesn't see any of them.  She is just happy to have a friend to play with and I'm proud of her kindness.

4)  The big news around our house on Monday evening was having Daddy on TV.  The local news station interviewed him regarding a motorcycle ride that he and some friends participated in a couple of weeks ago to benefit prostate cancer.  Emily was so excited to see her Daddy on TV and she even recorded it on her iPad!  Too cute!!

5)  She is so excited about turning 7!  Here are some of her art projects from this week!  Oh, to be excited about having a birthday...



Bonus - Here is her first grade photo where she is smiling as big as Mommy does (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2013/09/5-on-friday_13.html)!  Not so sure about that but...


Tuesday brought much cooler temperatures and the first time Emily has worn jeans this school year! I am amazed at how tall she is getting and her legs looked so long in her denim!


No comments: