October 18, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily during her first week of being a seven year old!

1. Our SC family walked in the Rock Hill Walk to End Alzheimer’s this past Saturday.  It was nice to walk around Winthrop Farm (as I will always refer to it even though it is now named the Winthrop University Recreational Complex) and see all of the growth that has taken place over the last 13 years!  Lots of beautiful new facilities for baseball, soccer, softball, outdoor volleyball, disc golf and on and on!  Although, our family didn’t blow it out on our fundraising efforts for this walk, I was still able to raise $100 and Emily raised $10.  Every bit helps a cause near and dear to our hearts!




2.  She had her first sleepover on Saturday with her friend Tyler and they were wild!  I completely understand why Emily is an only child after spending 24 hours with two first graders!  I just do not have the energy to keep up with them!  They played inside and outside, ate pizza, built a fort, watched a movie, had a Nerf gun battle, did art projects…it never stopped!  I think they had a great time though and that’s really what it’s all about!

3.  She received a bracelet making kit from her friend Carter as a birthday present and it has been non-stop bracelet making ever since!  She loves it!  These little rubber band bracelets are really popular right now – kind a modern day version of the friendship bracelets we made with embroidery thread when I was a kid.  Fun!

Purple & White...for Tri Sigma and Alz!
Anders family bracelets!
4.  She loves her sweets!  This is the face I saw when she was begging for cookies at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday evening!  Too cute to resist, though!


5.  We've been using her dry erase board a lot lately...for word games with letter magnets and also for writing practice.  I was pleasantly surprised to see this unsolicited proclamation of love!  What a little sweetheart!

She then edited it to include herself and and even bigger heart!


No comments: