1) She went crazy for the Dairy Queen in Carmichaels! My mom worked there as a teenager, my mom and dad met each other there and my Grandma used to take me there all of the time when I was a kid so needless to say, there are a lot of family memories associated with the place! We made two trips in two days while we were in PA!
We had dinner at an old favorite too - the Hartley Inn!
2) She proudly took "her" Champions medal to school on Monday to show it off to her teacher and all of her friends. Walkers received a medal if they raised over $500 so I gladly gave her my medal and she wore it all weekend too!
3) We move from one fundraiser to another it seems...MS a few weeks back, the Alz walk last week and now we've kicked it into Boosterthon Fun Run mode...each day I get to enter in pledges she received last weekend trying to get more and more prizes...when will it end? To donate, go to https://FunRun.com/a/s/Vr4dkmPM
4). Homework is in full swing and it is much more in depth than kindergarten homework...unfortunately, Emily is not loving it but her teacher emailed me some great suggestions on how to make it more fun including "brain breaks" like this one...
She and I have been having a super fun time singing and dancing to Gummy Bear!
5) School pictures were Wednesday and Emily was thrilled to wear a new plaid shirt (I'm sensing a trend here) and get the green background because she had the boring one last year. She told me that she "smiled as big as Mommy" in her picture...I do have a fairly toothy smile so I'm curious to see how that translates into her picture...such a cutie!
Bonus - someone can skip unlike her Mommy who has never quite mastered skipping!



No comments:
Post a Comment