August 30, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1.  Soccer practice started on Thursday and every night this week, she had to put on her cleats and get a little practice in on her own!  I love that she is excited about the new season.

2.  Her Boosterthon paperwork came home on Tuesday and she is already talking about how much $ she is going to raise this year and how many awesome prizes she is going to earn!

3.  She seems to be settling into school pretty well.  No complaints and only nice things to say about Ms. Justice.  The highlight for me is reading her “I am Awesome” book every afternoon and trying to decipher the words she has written because they are written the way they sound to her – some are pretty spot on but others are a bit of a struggle.

4.  She spent the night at Grandma and Papa’s house Friday and Saturday last weekend and it was funny because when she wanted to stay the second night, she had Grandma call me and ask “extra nicely so I would say yes!”

5.  The shorts I laid out for her to wear on Wednesday morning did not meet her standards so she switched them out for another pair.  When I got to KRK to pick her up, she had on a tie-dyed stripey shirt and polka dot shorts.  The colors matched but it was a little too much pattern for my liking.  Oddly enough, Rob didn’t think a thing of it and let her go to school that way.  I would like to say “I give up” but I am still not willing to throw in the towel yet!

Bonus - Found out at 4:15 on Thursday that we could have had tickets to the Panthers/Steelers game but I was the responsible Mom and decided that an early bedtime and soccer practice were more important! Boo responsibility:)  


No comments: