August 16, 2013

5 on Friday!

It's hard to believe but summer has come and gone!  School starts on Wednesday and Emily will be a big first grader!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  Once again, I have been under the weather.  I have been feeling very stressed out lately and that always seems to make me susceptible to catching anything that may be going around.  She has been so sweet to me and not giving me a hard time about going outside in the afternoons.  On Tuesday, I ended up taking a sick day and she and Rob were so quiet getting ready for the day, I didn't even wake up.  I finally ended up waking at 9:10 a.m. and that is only because a telemarketer called the house and the phone woke me up.

2)  On Saturday, when Tyler came over we ordered pizza for dinner.  On Monday, I did not feel like cooking so Emily convinced me that it was ok to order pizza for the second time in three days because "Saturday was last week.  Today is the first day of a new week!"  I like her logic!

3)  I bought a new purse on my way home from Atlanta and the first day that I used it, Emily asked "Is that a new purse?" and I replied "Yes" and she told me how much she liked it.  It's always nice to know that she is paying attention to the little things and is forthcoming with compliments.  Such a sweetie!

4)  Aunt Ada is coming for a visit and Emily just keeps saying how much she likes Aunt Ada because she always brings her a present and she keeps trying to guess what it may be this trip.  I like to point out all of other reasons why she should like Aunt Ada in addition to presents but after all, she is only 6!

5)  Emily's Halloween costume was delivered on Wednesday and she was so incredibly excited about it!  I'm not going to reveal the costume right now but it is super cute and seeing her happy makes me happy!

Bonus - Our family and our fundraising efforts were featured in an article in the Greene County Messenger today - http://www.heraldstandard.com/gcm/news/local_news/team-mae-we-find-a-cure-translates-legacy-of-love/article_725c9467-831e-574d-b84c-ba48f832bb3c.html.  What a lovely article to highlight the love that we all feel for Grandma and it is absolutely amazing that we have already raised over $10,000 collectively to help in the fight against Alzheimer's.

No comments: