Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1. We had an awesome
day at the Carowinds water park on Saturday.
We got there at 11 and stayed until 6; we were beat when we got
home! Lots of stair climbing and walking
that day but the weather was not too hot so that was a good thing. Carrying those big tubes up multiple flights
of stairs wore me out! Luckily on one of
the smaller slides, she was able to carry her own tube and must have gone down
it 20 times! As we walked by several places where the life jackets were
supposed to be hung up but instead were laying all over the ground, Emily would
say “Laziness. That is just pure
laziness!” It sounded just like me and
in fact, I’m sure she has heard me say those words a time or two…
2. On Sunday, we went to the movies, shopping and out to
lunch – definitely more my speed!
3. We spent Labor Day
at our pool with Tyler, Dana and Luke plus one of Dana’s good friends and her
family. It’s so nice when Em has other
kids to play with out at the pool so I can relax a bit. We all had a great time but may have stayed a
little too long – the kids starting acting out a bit toward the end of the day because
they were so tired!
4. We’ve been looking
through old pictures lately - all of this Grandma-related reminiscing has had me
thinking about my childhood and young adulthood. We went through photo albums on Friday and
took pictures of pictures and I posted a bunch to Facebook and sent some to
Granddad. I think Emily has enjoyed
looking at all of the old photos and I know when I was a kid, I loved to go to my
Grandparents’ houses and pull out the albums and look at the pictures too!
5. She has been eagerly looking forward to our trip to PA today. I have no idea what our family is going to talk about after the walk on Saturday!
5. She has been eagerly looking forward to our trip to PA today. I have no idea what our family is going to talk about after the walk on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment