August 22, 2013

First Day of First Grade!

Hard to believe but summer has come and gone and today was Em's first day of first grade!  On Monday, we met Ms. Justice and she seems like a super sweet lady.  I really hope that Emily has a wonderful experience in first grade.  I think fondly of my first grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, and I remember how much I loved school and being in her class.  It makes such a difference when you have a great teacher.  

I thought I was going to be able to drop Emily off this morning but she asked me to walk her to her classroom and I was happy to do it.  It's always so amazing how many children and parents fill the hallways on the first few days of school.  All of the teachers have smiles on their faces and the children all look so nice in their new clothes.  Brings back so many memories of the excitement and wonder of what the year will be like. 

She's growing up so quickly...it's really amazing.  I'm afraid I'm going to blink and it will be her first day of college!

No comments: