1) I took a few vacation days this week so Emily and I could
spend the last days of summer break together.
We went to the beach last weekend and then spent Monday and Tuesday
getting ready for back to school . We
had so much fun together – I think I could get used to being a stay-at-home
mom!
Here is a picture from pirate golf at the beach!
2) She bought some beads and string at the Dollar Store and
has been so into making bracelets and necklaces for everyone. Very cute!
3) On the first day of school, she wanted to be a car rider
in the afternoon. I don’t think that
will be happening again anytime soon. It
took me 50 minutes from the time I arrived at the school to make my way through
the line and actually pick her up. As
soon as she got in the car, she just kept saying “FINALLY! FINALLY, You’re here!” Crazy stuff!
4) Emily had her
six-month dental cleaning on Tuesday and needless to say, it was not good. Due to her overwhelming fear of loose teeth,
she has not been doing a great job brushing and needs some help from Mommy and
Daddy now. Dr. Chuck gave us strict
orders to remove the very loose tooth on the bottom while we were at his office
and so that evening, Daddy had to take it out.
It went flying into the couch and could not be found. So Rob had to cut a little hole in the bottom
of the couch and get the tooth out – MAJOR DRAMA!
5) She is happy to
have four children in her class that she already knows (three from kindergarten
and one from KRK). Unfortunately, the thing
that she was looking the most forward to – the BIG first grade playground – is off
limits until next month. The
kindergarten classes rotate from month to month accessing the big
playground. There’s always something to
look forward to now!
Plus two more!
I'm so proud of Emily! They are having a coin drive for MS at her after school program and she is donating all of her piggy bank money! We are proud to support this cause and I think that all of our family fundraising has rubbed off on her. May she always have a generous heart!
Plus two more!
I'm so proud of Emily! They are having a coin drive for MS at her after school program and she is donating all of her piggy bank money! We are proud to support this cause and I think that all of our family fundraising has rubbed off on her. May she always have a generous heart!
First grade wears a girl out! This is Em on the second day of school asleep
at 6:45 p.m. She slept the entire night
and woke up at 6:30 a.m.


1 comment:
Don't judge her too harshly about her tooth phobia ;). I have a similar phobia! My assistants have to deal with teeth issues in my classroom and I've already warned Robbie he is on tooth duty with our girls. I dread the day C has a loose tooth. I even teared up reading "The Bernstein Bears Visit the Dentist" and had to stop reading it!
Post a Comment