August 2, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She seemed to think that the donations that Ms. Martha brought over for our yard sale were fair game and ended up with a little foosball game.  She and Rob had a great time playing it ALL day long on Sunday. Happy early birthday Emily from the Compton family! Plus...she made $37 at the yard sale which she happily donated to her efforts bringing her total to $102. I was extremely proud of her and and she must have been proud of herself because Rob told me on Sunday that she excitedly shared that information with his parents!


2)  Monday was a Wii dance party night with Emily and Daddy cutting a rug to the Michael Jackson Dance Experience.  While they were playing, Emily kept pausing the game to get a sip of her apple juice box and I heard Rob tell her that she needed to learn how to dance with a drink in her hand because when she gets older, she won’t want to leave her drink unattended while she is shaking her booty!  Oh, Life Lessons 101 at the Anders house!



3) This week, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Emily will eat pork tenderloin. Something else we can add to her list of approved foods which totals out somewhere around 10 these days.

4)  We are going to be in for a major transition when it is time to start back to school in a few short weeks.  Her bedtime is completely out of whack, her attitude is unpleasant (at best the majority of the time), her eating schedule is off - summer has thrown us into a tailspin.  Two things that I am seriously looking forward to...1) going out of town by MYSELF this weekend to visit Eve (which by the way I have not done solo in over seven years)  and 2) getting myself back into my normal routine when school starts (I, too, have been going to bed later and eating dinner later and Emily's mood has affected mine a lot).  How many more weeks of summer vacation are there?

5)  For obvious reasons, I've been thinking about my Grandma a lot lately and this time of year always makes me think about taking a trip to Hills and getting school supplies. Can't wait to take Emily (to Target, I'm pretty sure that Hills no longer exists and definitely not in SC) to make all of her selections and see what first grade has in store for her!!

No comments: