August 9, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  Em is having a play date on Saturday with her friend Tyler at our house and I could just tell she would rather be going to his house so I asked why?  Her reply was "Because when I'm the guest, I get to do whatever I want.  When my friend is the guest, they get to do whatever they want!"  And we wonder why she may have a little difficulty getting along with others!

2)  She brought home a couple of photos from her field trips this summer and I recognized one of the little girls from an opposing soccer team last season.  So I asked, is this the same little girl you were junk talking to last season and she smiled a great big smile and replied "YES!"

3)  It was a little chilly in our house on Wednesday evening so she gladly did snuggle bunnies with me!

4)  She received her teacher assignment for first grade in the mail last weekend and totally waited on me to get home from Atlanta before opening it.  Her teacher is going to be Ms. Justice.  As soon as we read her name, she immediately went and got her yearbook from last year so we could see her teacher's picture...she looks like a sweet lady.  I'm hoping that first grade is an awesome year.  I absolutely loved my first grade teacher, Mrs. Smith, and I hope Emily has as good of an experience as I did.

5)  This week, I kept finding her in random places in our house with a mouth full of cookie.  I keep trying to explain to her that I don't like the fact that it seems like she is trying to hide something but it's kind of funny that she must realize she shouldn't be eating so many sweets!

No comments: