August 29, 2013

Photos of Me and My Grandma

We are just a little over a week away from the Walk to End Alzheimer's and amazingly, as of right now, our team has raised $12,294.50 - combined Emily and I have raised $2,006.50.  I couldn't be prouder of everyone's hard work.  In honor of my Grandma and to keep me focused on the real reason why I am participating in this walk (instead of losing focus), I've been changing my Facebook profile photo every day to a picture of me (or Emily) and my Grandma.  When I started looking through photo albums, I realized just how fortunate I have been to have my Grandma with me on so many important days in my life.  Sadly, my other Grandma and both Grandfathers passed away prior to me graduating from college, getting married and having Emily.  Luckily, my Grandma Shuckhart always made every effort to celebrate my successes with me. One of her last visits to Rock Hill was shortly after Emily was born and for that I will forever be grateful. Here are this week's photos and a few that will carry over into next week too!  The last photo is one of me with my Grandma Walters.  I found it going through my albums and wanted to include it too!  It's amazing how much my Aunt Wendy looks like her - unfortunately, it's not the greatest photo of me.  I was probably about 12 or 13 at the time and that was seriously my unattractive, awkward phase!












No comments: