1) Last week, the bigger kids at summer camp took their field trip to Kate's Skating Rink. After hearing them talk about how much fun they had, Emily was eager to try out roller skating too! So after doing a little due diligence (checking with local friends on FB), it was determined that the best time to check out Kate's was early on a Saturday morning. So this past Saturday, Em and I tried some roller skating. It has probably been at least 25 years since I've been on skates and this was Em's first time so there was a slight learning curve involved. I quickly realized that I could not keep myself up and support her so I turned in my skates and she practiced on the carpet for about 2 hours and finally toward the end she hit the rink while holding onto the wall. I was fearful that she would be miserable because she typically likes to do things well the first time and if not, she is not so interested in trying but she surprised me and really enjoyed herself. Here are a couple of photos of her practicing.
2) She finally allowed her Daddy to remove the shark tooth! I'm so glad because that thing was seriously starting to creep me out and I started getting a little paranoid about decay and how it could affect her permanent teeth. Well, needless to say while she was checking things out in mirror, Rob pointed out to me that the exact same thing is happening on another one of her bottom teeth. And so it begins again! I actually thought we were going to get a break from watching her eat with her side and back teeth - probably not for long anyway, she'll just switch sides now!
3) On Thursday, I had my own Keith Urban "concert" at home and Em reminded me why I was not actually there ...too loud, too crowded, too dark, too scary! Good thing I have her to remind me of how I am getting too old for Verizon Poor child, the Jason Aldean concert last year has scarred her for life!
4) Our zinnia has bloomed! So much fun to plant seeds and actually watch all of our little plants grow!
5) While we were out shopping on Sunday, she convinced her Daddy to buy her this poster which she thought she was going to hang in her room. Sorry no such luck but it did find a nice home in our garage!





No comments:
Post a Comment