April 22, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving my little Emily this week!

1)     When the children in Emily's class are taught a new word, the teacher sends it home on an index card to add to the rest of the flashcards she has provided for the children.  Emily is getting really good at reading most of the words but struggles with the colors.  When we get to the colors, she just starts yelling out "purple, brown, pink, yellow, orange, etc." until she finally "reads" the right word!

2)     Emily and Rob colored Easter eggs on Sunday and she and I decorated them with stickers, faces and princess crowns on Monday.  She made one for the Easter Bunny and wrote E.B. on it...somehow I don't think it will make it until his arrival on Sunday morning.

3)     It's definitely a sign of the times when a four year old requests that all of "her shows" be recorded on the DVR.  Anytime a show is advertised that will air during the day, Emily asks "Will you record it for me?"

4)    One of Emily's good buddies, Chandler, lost a tooth this week while playing an intense game of kickball as school.  While I feel terrible that he got hurt, the play by play given to me by Emily was priceless.  She had every little detail in her account of what happened to Chandler which made for a very exciting story.

5)    I was getting ready to cook dinner on Monday and said "I love when Daddy cooks and doesn't clean up the stove."  Emily responded "I love when you say you love something but you're just kidding!"  I guess sarcasm is not lost on the young.

Bonus - Emily received a sunshine report this week for playing nicely with the little kids from the "baby class" (her words - they are three year olds so I guess in her mind, they are babies).  On that same day, I was talking to our neighbors, John and Doris, and she went in the house and got them an Easter egg as a present.  She really is a sweet, thoughtful girl!

No comments: