April 15, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)     After a little bit of a rough start to Emily's "make up" game on Friday, she really got in there and played her heart out.  She scored her first goal of the season and was so proud of herself.  Her former teacher, Ms. Kristine and her husband Tim game to see Emily is action which was really sweet of them.

2)     Daddy went to a motorcycle race on this past weekend so Emily and I had a girls' weekend.  We went to see "Hop" and she was so excited about that little drumming easter bunny.

3)     Emily is a really good little helper.  As we walked around the grocery store, she kept saying things like "Are we good on applesauce?", "Are we good on milanos?", "Are we good on milk?"  She definitely wanted to make sure we had all of her food staples.

4)     Since the weekend was supposed to be nice, I told Emily that maybe we could wash my car.  She is a persistent little thing because I heard about washing the car ALL weekend long.  Finally on Sunday afternoon, we washed the car and she did a great job scrubbing and spraying the car (and ME)!

5)     This week's homework assignment required drawing three bees and four ladybugs which according to Emily was very tricky!  Tricky is one of the words she likes to use frequently in addition to humongous, awesome and cool.

Bonus - On Monday, Emily was running around the backyard when she slipped and fell.  She immediately yelled out "I'm alright", laid there for a second and said "I think I'm alright" and then said "I hope I'm alright" before she got up and started running again.  It made me laugh because she had to really think about being okay but then she bounced right back!

1 comment:

Martha Compton said...

The bonus is hilarious! Emily is so funny!