May 16, 2013

My little artist!

One of Emily's many Christmas presents was a painting set with an easel, printed canvases and "real artist" paint in tubes!  On Wednesday, she decided she wanted to sit outside and paint because it was so nice out.  Here is she is working diligently on one of her masterpieces!


As similar as Rob and Emily are, she is constantly doing things that remind me of myself.  Unfortunately, these things are not always my best traits.  As she worked on this painting, she began to get very frustrated and started being very hard on herself.  I fully believe that there is nothing wrong with pushing yourself to work harder to do the best job that you possibly can do…but I just want her to enjoy the simple things in life and to find the happiness that comes from doing something that you love.  More often than not, you’ll become good at doing something if you truly love it and I hope this is the case for Emily in everything she does.  It is hard to know how to make her realize this when I am constantly beating myself when success doesn’t come easily or I feel like I haven’t done my absolute best at something.  

Another example that we are all a work in progress!

No comments: