1) She played her heart out at the pool on Memorial Day. We ran into her friend Tyler and his parents and a former soccer teammate and she was going non-stop from 10 a.m. until about 1:45 p.m. when I had to drag her home. We even went back again that evening; unfortunately, we may need to find her a tighter fitting bathing suit top because hers is loose and caused some chafing because it moved around too much and we have not heard the end of it all week long!
2) Rob, Emily and I went to Carowinds on Sunday and she went wild again riding all of the scary rides. Since it was Memorial Day weekend, there were lots of servicemen and women there and she and Rob couldn't resist posing in front of this Army vehicle. We had tons of fun until Daddy lost his cell phone and then it was pretty much game over after that.
3) This was the first weekend of 2013 that Mr. Pete was selling BBQ so of course, we had to go buy two pounds and enjoyed sandwiches all weekend!
4) I finally took her to get her hair cut this week. It is absolutely amazing how much hair she has and how quickly it grows. As always, Miss Kia did a great job and she looks adorable!
5) Things are winding down on the school front - one week of kindergarten left and I have one happy little girl! She cannot wait. It is so hard to believe that nine months ago, I was so emotional about her starting school and now we already have one year behind us. I'm looking forward to summer break too. No more lunches to pack, no homework, things will be a (little) more relaxed in the mornings...yay, summer vacation!
Bonus - here is a cute photo of Rob and Emily checking out some pictures on his phone. Love the two of them together!



No comments:
Post a Comment