May 24, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She helped me make some cute little presents for her teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week including some little bags containing three packs of Extra gum with a note that said "Thanks for being an "EXTRA" special teacher"; Hand Picked hand sanitizer with a note that said "I could not Pick a better teacher!" (although the photo looks like it says "I could PICK a better teacher" - those are the labels we used at KRK during preschool); cookie bags complete with a cookie shaped note that said "Thank to you, I'm a smart cookie!" and finally a handmade card!  Anytime I work on little projects like these I am transported back to my sorority days buying.making  presents for my little sister, grandbaby and great-grandbaby.  As much as I complain about it, I secretly LOVE this stuff!



2)  She has been obsessed with Spy Gear toys in McDonald's happy meals.  So much so that I went on eBay and ordered all six of them as a set.  They arrived in the mail on Monday and she was so excited to receive them.  She immediately tore open the large envelope and each of the individual packages and set off on a spy adventure.  Here she is riding around on her tricycle which she is WAY TOO BIG for these days but I can honestly say it was the best $30 my Dad ever spent.  She received it when she was a little over a year old and continues to ride it.  If only she played with all of her toys as much!


3)  She had her final game of the season this past Saturday and was thrilled to add to her trophy collection!

4)  She took this photo of the baby birds in the front door nest and it was quite the sight to see.  Rob holding her up and she was going crazy the whole time but here they are!

5)  After last week's bug-in-the-eye incident, she has been rocking her shades EVERY single time she steps outside!  Little Miss Cool!

Bonus - just a good way to end the week when Emily opened this fortune on Thursday evening which could not have been more fitting right now...



No comments: