1) She did a great job again this week during her soccer game on Saturday. She scored two of the five goals and the whole team is really doing a great job of working together. She has become friendly with two of the little girls on her team, Lauren and Natalie, and she loves it when all three of them hit the field together..."Girl Power!"
2) We had a rainy weekend but it was so nice to catch up on some rest and relaxation. Last week was crazy for me and I couldn't have been more thankful that Emily was so well behaved all weekend and found lots of ways to occupy herself.
3) The girl loves sports, any and all of them! This week she and I purchased tennis rackets and balls and have been hitting them around the driveway on sunny days. We're thinking we may check into taking some lessons together at some point! We also purchased a volleyball and have had a great time hurting ourselves with it. Who knew that a volleyball was so incredibly hard? Emily and I do now!
4) Emily started her "friendship club" and here is what her teacher had to say about it: "Emily, I will say, has made tremendous progress. She is showing kindness and compassion towards others and is getting along with the other children much better than previously. She seems happier, too." Her Daddy and I are very proud of her!
5) Emily and Rob have been having hot wheels races in the evenings this week and in typical Anders fashion, it has to be a little bit of a production! Here is a video of Emily racing complete with her race announcer Daddy!
Bonus - she gets so excited about giving me gifts! She insisted that I open my birthday card a day early on Thursday and was so happy about the flowers and twizzlers she purchased for me. I love presents and I love her bunches!
On a completely unrelated note...I tried something I never thought I would do last week! I shot sporting clays during our Managers' meeting. It really was a ton of fun but I had no idea how painful it could be. Here is a photo one of our managers sent to me which he titled "The Purple Badge of Courage". This photo was taken just after we finished and the bruise only grew in size in the following days. I even ended up with a matching one on my left leg. I think that having Emily in my life has made me little more willing to try new things and I'm really glad that I tried shooting. I can't wait to go again sometime and hope to be really good by next year and surprise everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment