March 4, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1.    This one actually occurred last week but I forgot to include it and wanted to make sure I had it recorded somewhere.  Martha and Campbell game over to go shopping at our personal "Wee Sale" and Campbell and Emily were getting ready to color downstairs while Martha and I wrapped it up upstairs.  I told Emily that she would need to be in charge and she looked at me with big eyes and exclaimed:  "IN CHARGE?!?  I've never been in charge before!"  She looked surprised and proud at the same time and did a great job - coloring only occurred on paper and not on furniture or walls so I would say it was a success!

2.     Emily has an adorable way of asking "Mommy, can I tell you something?" And I respond with "Yes, what do you need to tell me?"  The things she needs to tell me are usually totally random like "I like your necklace" or "Today, at school, so and so did not eat lunch" or "I want to give you a hug!"  I guess I shouldn't think these things are random because they are obviously important to her and she wants to share them with me.  I hope she always wants to share things with me as she grows.

3.     Emily loves doing her homework which is assigned on Monday and due back on Friday.  This week she was determined to finish it all on Monday evening and made her Daddy hold her hand literally (the left one) while she worked on it.  Spoiled much?


4.     Once a month, Emily receives a book in the mail from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library (http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/) which is a great program promoting childhood reading.  She absolutely loves getting these books in the mail and this month's book was The Tale of Peter Rabbit.  She really enjoyed reading it and all of the other books she has received through the program.  I don't know what she'll do when she turns five and the books stop coming in the mail.


5.     Most afternoons as Emily and I are leaving her school and walking toward our car, she asks "Did you get me anything today?"  Again, spoiled much?  The upside to this question is even if I respond with "Yes, milk", she is a happy camper!  It doesn't take much to please her.

No comments: