Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) Emily asked to go to the mall on Sunday so she could window shop at Build A Bear Workshop, The Disney Store and Barnes and Noble! While in Build A Bear, she pointed to every single thing they had for boy bears and said she needed "Two of that!" I pointed out a couple of Disney princess dresses and she said they would be fine if she had a girl bear or girl monkey. Funny, I remember the Monkey used to be named Matilda and came wearing a pink shirt and pink and black plaid capri pants. So much for being a girl in that outfit, I guess! She also had frozen yogurt for the first time at the mall and loved it! She tried to go back for seconds while we were there...that girl and her sweet tooth!
2) On Saturday at soccer practice, during the scrimmage, Rob and I heard Emily yell out "That is my ball" when one of her teammates tried to intercept it! She is too funny out there on the field. The kids have absolutely no concept of who is on their team and they are all just running after the ball trying to take it away from one another.
3) Every afternoon, I make a point to ask Emily "What was the best part of your day?" On school days, she usually says being a good listener or playing outside but on Sunday, when I asked her "What was the best part of your weekend?" she replied, going to Grandma's. That is so sweet and should make my Mom feel good because earlier last week, I told her that Emily was too busy to visit but she ended up working the visit into her hectic schedule.
4) On Monday, Emily and I met her new teacher, Ms. Angie, or Ms. Angelica, according to the more formal Emily. Ms. Angie told me that Emily was working on her listening skills so I asked Emily about it when we got in the car and she said "What? I was not! Well, okay maybe a little at lunchtime and at group time and outside but I was a good listener!" Already making excuses at 4...can't wait to hear what she comes up with at 14!
5) Emily loves racing around the driveway on her bike or scooter and always wants to act like she is winning the race! She is so much like her daddy, it's not even funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment