Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) She started soccer practice on Saturday and looked so adorable in her umbros, cleats, shinguards and shirt tucked into her shorts! I told her one of the rules is that shirts must be tucked in so she had her little shorts pulled up very high with her "Run Fast" sporty girl shirt tucked into them. She looked like a little old man!
2) When Emily is surrounded by kids she doesn't know (like at soccer on Saturday or Monkey Joe's on Sunday - a reward for 4 weeks of good behavior), she gets very shy. I love how she needs to get hugs from me or Rob in order to build her confidence and within no time she is her normal, outgoing little self.
3) On Saturday evening, Emily and I had a pizza picnic which consists of eating pizza on the floor in my bedroom and watching a movie. This week's movie was Toy Story 2. I think it may have been the 50th time we've seen that one.
4) I often check in on Emily throughout her day via the webcams in her classroom. On Monday, at nap time, I saw her cover up one of her friends before she laid down on her mat. So sweet! She is such a good helper and thoughtful little girl.
5) Emily loves to play outside in the afternoons. Lately the yard has been a little muddy from all of the rain we've gotten so she's been climbing the "mountain" in the backyard while wearing her zebra rain boots. Too cute! The mountain is just a little hill in the backyard where she goes to dig up dirt and make mud pies and create meals for me which she carries down on little paper plates.
This is my 100th post...and it only took three years! I am going to try to shoot for 100 in 2011. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
Adrienne, I just saw on Facebook that you have a blog! So fun to see how the Anders family is doing and check out all the fun things sweet Emily is up to these days.
Post a Comment