February 25, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week:

1.     This past Saturday, Emily and I met our friends, The Comptons, at the park.  When we got ready to turn into the parking lot, I heard the following words come out of my child's mouth "Oh, I so didn't want to see that!"  I asked her what she was talking about and she said "Those two boys running with their shirts off!"  I couldn't help but laugh because it sounded just like something I would say!


2.     Just about every Saturday, Emily and I take a shopping trip to Target.  I can't express how thrilled I was when she told me that she loves shopping!  I guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree, after all.

3.    On Sunday, Emily, Grandma/Mom, and I went to eat lunch and saw a movie at the $1.50 theatre on Cherry Road.  I love that Emily thought to invite her Grandma to go with us and I especially love watching them interact with one another.  It takes me back to my own childhood and memories of spending time with my Grandma.

4.     We purchased Emily's soccer cleats this week and surprise, surprise, she selected the black ones with blue trim rather than pink trim.  I don't know what it is about that girl and her dislike of anything remotely girly!

5.     On Tuesday, Emily kept telling me that she had a soup and sandwich for lunch at school but the soup wasn't really soup, it was just sauce.  It took me a few minutes but I figured out that it must have been tomato soup and that's why she kept saying it was "just sauce and not soup!"

P.S.  On Wednesday, Emily received a special treat out of the treasure box at school because she was the best behaved girl in the class!

2 comments:

Jaysey said...

Yay Emily! The best behaved girl in class?? My, how far we've come!

Mom said...

I'm so enjoying the 5 on Fridays. These will be great memories of special things that could be lost to the memory. I'm so fortunate to have you two girls in my life.