May 23, 2014

5 on Friday!

Five highlights from our week!

1)  The Tigers had an awesome last game – 7-1!  Em was on fire during the first quarter as the goalie and one of her teammates blew up during the last quarter with four goals!  It was great!  As always, she loved getting a new trophy to add to her growing collection!  Rob received two different gifts from players on the team for being such a great coach so Em and I were happy to get a new iTunes gift card and Starbucks gift card, respectively!


2)  She spent the night with Grandma and Papa on Saturday and drew this awesome picture of Snoopy.  In addition, she and Grandma made a bet that it would take her longer than five minutes to fall asleep.  According  to Grandma, it took about two minutes but I told Mom that she would argue that point and say it was at least six minutes.  Lo and behold, that is exactly what she said when she woke up on Sunday.  Do I know my kid or what?!


3)  On Monday, we had to swing by Dollar Tree and pick up some napkins for a party at Em’s school.  Well, she racked up!  Silly string, poster board, an awesome ball which she can throw and it bounces back so she can catch it and a hula hoop!  Best $4 ever spent!





4)  It drives me crazy that Emily stills rides a bike with training wheels!  I don’t know why it does and I don’t know why neither she nor Rob don’t care.  Well, one evening this week, her friend Ben asked me why I wouldn’t allow Emily to take the training wheels off of her bike and without thinking, I immediately replied…”What?  I totally want her to ride a two-wheeler.”  He said “That’s not what she said.” And then it hit me, she was using me as an excuse for why she couldn’t do something rather than just saying that she didn’t know how.  "Operation two-wheeler" will be in full effect sometime after school is out!

5)  She’s been working on another map project (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2013/09/5-on-friday_27.html) but this one focuses on her favorite places – so far, it includes a candy shop, a donut shop, McDonald’s and Starbucks!  Such a healthy kid!

Bonus:  A cute selfie of me and my girl!


No comments: