May 16, 2014

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 highlights from our week!

1)  Sunday was Mother's Day and Emily went above and beyond with all of her special gifts!  I received a cake, some marigolds in a specially decorated pot, multiple cards and some new hangers (she knows me too well)! What a sweet kid! She and Rob also made me breakfast and Rob grilled out for dinner...I certainly could get used to this :)



2) We had some bad storms Thursday morning and she found her way to our bed because she is still scared by them.  There is something so sweet about snuggling with her and I know that one day, I'm really going to miss it!

3)  On Monday, I asked Rob to walk down to Ben's house and give Emily the 15-minute warning,  Well, I should have known better...an hour later, they both came home!!  Rob will talk to just about anyone and everyone and ended up chatting with Ben's parents and another neighbor for quite awhile.  Can't say that Emily complained...she was happy to have more play time and truth be told, it gave me an opportunity to get all of my spring/summer shoes switched over so it was a WIN-WIN!

4)  Last soccer practice and game of the season this week!  It really went by fast.  As always, Emily and Rob enjoyed their time together and I enjoyed my one evening off per week.

5)  She's been very excited about the project her class is working on to celebrate the end of the school year.  Unfortunately, I will be out of town the last week of school but thankfully, Rob will be able to attend her program and hopefully take lots of pictures!

No comments: