December 9, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  Her love of all things Christmas!  She asked for her ketchup to be in the shape of Santa Claus.  See said ketchup art below.
She was super excited about watching "Prep and Landing" on Monday evening and even had to dress for the occasion.  Here she is wearing her Christmas pjs, slippers and night vision goggles.  The theme of the show was Naughty vs. Nice and she assures me that she is on the Nice list!  She has been behaving very well at school lately so I think she is definitely on the Nice list!  

This past Friday, Grandma came to pick her up for her sleepover and she had to show off all of our decorations.  She walked her over to the tree and showed off some of our newer ornaments and she took her to see the Care Bears Christmas Village.  She showed her the little Christmas globes which play music and demonstrated how to open the Russian dolls.  She is a mess but it is just too cute!

2)  I've had a cold for the better part of a week and she has been so sweet to me.  She'll get me water, cover me up with a blanket, and check to make sure I've taken my medicine.  Such a good little nurse.

3)  She continues to keep me entertained with her dance routines which now have the added element of her Harry Potter shirt and tie.  The robe makes it too hard to shake her groove thing, I guess!


4)  Sometimes Emily will say things that I may have a little trouble understanding. For example, this past weekend, she was playing Sponge Bob bingo and she was telling me all of the characters names so I could call them out to her.  She said one and I couldn't tell if it was Clayton or Clinton or what so I asked her to repeat it.  She then proceeded to break it down syllable by syllable - Say "Cl - ay - ton" or "Cl- in- ton" - I still couldn't understand which one she was saying so I Googled it and found out his name was Sheldon Plankton, not Clinton or Clayton. I told her this, she then told me I was wrong and that it was Clinton (Clayton) or something like that.  Oh well!

5)  Emily wanted to eat a powdered doughnut as a snack the other night.  I told her I thought they may be too old (based on the expiration on the bag).  She said "You try it first and if it doesn't taste bad, it will be okay for me to eat."  So glad to know that she is concerned with my well being!

No comments: