May 6, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving my little Emmy this week!

1)     This past Saturday, she scored two goals and had one assist at her soccer game.  After the first goal, she ran off the field and gave high fives to her Daddy, me, Grandma and Papa.  It was precious!

2)     Tuesday was my birthday and Emily and her Daddy went shopping to buy me a present.  She picked out a pair of pajama pants, a nightgown and a picture frame.  This is funny because she was looking for the same pajamas that we had bought for my Mom for her birthday but couldn't find them.  I guess she figures when it's your Mommy's birthday, you buy her pajamas since that's what we bought for my Mom.

3)     Mother's Day party at Emily's school on Friday.  She was so happy that I was able to attend.  Most of the mommies where there but there were a couple that couldn't make it.  It was so sad for those kids whose mom's weren't there and I'm just glad that I was able to leave work early and go to the party.

4)    She can be such a little perfectionist at times.  For the past several weeks, her homework assignments require drawing a set number of items - like this week, it is seven bugs.  She gets so incredibly frustrated trying to make the drawings look like the picture.  I totally know who she inherited this trait from!

5)     A birthday party for her friend Joey on Thursday.  She loved the break from the normal routine and had so much fun!

No comments: