May 13, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)     She has been invited to several birthday parties over the past week and it is so much fun to see her interact with her friends.  It is funny because she is always the only little girl among a bunch of boys but she can definitely hold her own!  She runs right up to all of the kids and gives out hugs which is so unlike me.  I wonder if she will always be so affectionate or if she'll change as she gets older.  I love hugging Emily but everyone else...not so much!

2)     Another new pair of Crocs!  I know I spoil her but I just can't help it.  Her new pair are blue with Anakin and Luke Skywalker jibatz.  She LOVES them!!

3)     An adorable Mother's Day card.  Emily loves the Hallmark cards that play songs and this year's Mother's Day card fit the bill - Mickey Mouse and the gang singing "M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E"!

4)     Emily is obsessed with my new phone too!  She is playing all sorts of games and loving it.  If only I could get her to understand that most of the Aps she wants to download are not free, we'd be in great shape!  I think her interest in the iphone is going to influence our decision to get the iPad sooner or later.

5)     She loves going to McDonald's - her new favorite restaurant - to get a happy meal.  She tries to convince me every day that we need to stop there on our way home.  I can't figure out if she really likes the food or just the toys that come with her dinner.  Thankfully, she drinks milk and gets apples instead of fries so I don't have to worry too much about her turning into a walking health hazard like that guy who ate McD's every day for a month or whatever it was.

No comments: