May 27, 2011

5 on Friday!

Here are five reasons that I am loving Emily this week!

1)     When she is comparing things of various sizes, she says that the one in the middle is the mediest!  For example, in our family, Daddy is the biggest, Emily is the smallest and Mommy is the mediest (like medium) but it sounds like meaty-est (which in this case, is also true)!

2)     As I mentioned before, I like to ask Emily what the best part of each day was or the best part of the weekend.  This weekend, she said the best part was going to the pool with Mommy because she likes being with me!  That kid is too sweet!  After a trip to get her toes done, the Italian festival and the movies, this sends the message that maybe we don't need to spend money to have a good time, it's really just about spending time together!

3)   Emily has a big time crush on one of her soccer teammates' older brothers.  He often accompanies his sister and Dad to the practices and Emily is just crazy about him.  This past Saturday, I looked behind me and Emily was sitting in his lap during one of her breaks from the game.  It was just too much!  Isn't she a little young for puppy love?  But to her credit, he is a very cute little boy!  You can't really see the object of her affection in this photo (because one of her teammates was sitting on his lap) but he's there and of course, she's sitting right beside him.
4)    On Monday, Emily helped me organize all of her art supplies and toys.  I said to her "Someone has way too much stuff!" and her reply was "It's Santa's fault, he brought me all of this stuff!"

5)    On Wednesday, Emily and I were watching "The Middle" and the daughter was trying to verify that she had earned perfect attendance for the school year although the attendance office had her marked absent on October 13th.  Every time the character said October 13th, Emily said "That's my birthday!"  It made me happy because a month ago, during the parent/teacher conference, the teacher told me that she did not know her birthday so all it took was a little work and now she knows it!

No comments: