March 27, 2015

5 on Friday!

1)  Granddad came to visit us last weekend so he could see the Blue Dragons in action at their first game!  The team did a great job and I know Coach Rob (and Emily) really needed to start the season off with a win.




2)  While Granddad was here, my cousin Justin came to eat dinner with us on Saturday.  The last time I saw him was when our Grandmother passed away 18 years ago...way too long.  It was nice to catch up and I hope that we are able to reconnect again sooner than another 18 years from now!








3)  Lots of tests for Emily this week!  I have loosened my reins on her and have given her the opportunity to do her homework at Flyers each afternoon and it seems to be working really well.  The evenings are much less stressful and she seems to enjoy the freedom to make her own choices. We'll see how the grades end up from this week!

4)  She has a Flat Stanley assignment over spring break and is actually excited about having homework during vacation!  He will spend the week with her and she will journal about it and following spring break, he will travel to Maryland to spend a week with the Forgen family!  I can't wait to hear all about his adventures in one of my favorite states!

5)  Not only did she pour her own milk yesterday but she wrote milk on the grocery list too!  Goodness, she is turning into a little neurotic mini-me and I LOVE it!

Bonus - Emily and Granddad built this super cool car with her Erectors set and she loves it!



No comments: