Last week was another crazy week between illnesses and
weather that it kind of got away from me before I knew it, we’re back at Monday
so here is belated “5 on Friday” post.
1) Emily is growing
up. Her new thing is to tell Rob and I
that she needs privacy and we must leave the bathroom before she gets ready to take a shower or bath!
2) As a rule, we do
not eat out during the week and really very rarely on weekends. I eat lunch out most days and like to eat at
home in the evenings. Well according to
Miss Emily, this makes me “old fashioned” because all of her friends eat out every night of the week! Oh, well! Not going to happen little lady! Oddly enough, she doesn’t seem to mind the
home cooking when it consists of baked goods or yummy noodles! Go figure?
3) More missed school
and delays this past week but it is a gorgeous day today and the forecast shows
75 on Wednesday! I’ll take it. Poor kiddo was quite disappointed on Thursday when everything was just mushy and wet! She had such high hopes when it was snowing big flakes on Wednesday evening (when this photo was taken).
4) She convinced her
Daddy (didn’t take much work) to set up the new camo tent she received from
Granddad on Friday evening. She had a
camp out both Friday and Saturday nights.
My kind of camping, I guess, in the comfort of the living room;
although, I cannot imagine sleeping on the hardwood floors but then again…I am
old!
5) One of us always
something strange going on and this week was no different! I had what I thought was an ulcer in my
mouth. Well after days of being in pain,
I finally went to see the Dentist who informed me that it was a deep ulcer which
appeared to be infected and that a small bone in my jaw was exposed! WTH? Seriously?
I’m so over weird ulcers popping up on my cornea or gums. If I had a stomach ulcer, I would totally
expect it (oops…probably shouldn’t jinx myself) but not this craziness! To make things even worse, it took more than
24 hours to finally get my prescription filled after much back and forth with the
CVS pharmacy, the insurance company and the dentist! I wish I could report that all is well today
but it is not the case. The spot still
hurts, the exposed bone seems to be growing and I have a follow-up appointment
tomorrow. I’m pretty sure this will turn
into something major (like a trip to the oral surgeon) before it is all said
and done! Such is life…
No comments:
Post a Comment