It was just a week ago that I was singing my child's praises loudly and proudly. This week, things have been a little different. I still adore her but goodness gracious, she has been trying my patience like crazy!
1) When the clocks sprung forward, it was like she turned into a little demon! She had her first soccer practice on Sunday afternoon and she did not behave kindly toward her Coach (aka Daddy) at all so they came home in fabulous moods!
2) Monday morning, she totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed and gave her Daddy some real attitude getting ready for school. He was ready to ground her immediately but I talked him out of it and said that we needed to set expectations and explain what the consequences would be if she did not meet expectations and give her another chance.
3) Well, when I picked her up at Flyers on Monday afternoon, she was in BIG trouble. She and one of her friends had gotten into a name calling and hitting argument. So much for me keeping her out of trouble. She came home and cried and carried on for what felt like an eternity. Electronics were taken away and all she could do was read books! Gosh, do we know a good punishment or what?
4) By Tuesday, she was behaving nicer and pretty much all was forgiven. She's too sweet to stay mad at for too long and I love her too much! I just can't help myself.
5) Wednesday brought with it a second soccer practice which seemed to go better than the first. I am really not looking forward to her first game next Saturday. I think it will be dreadful!
Hope all of you had a little better week than we did! The bad times make the good times that much better, I guess! Happy Friday the 13th! Second one of 2015 and typically a day associated with good things for our family; Emily was born on Friday the 13th!
No comments:
Post a Comment