November 20, 2014

5 on Thursday!

It's been a pretty low key week, nothing too exciting and no real drama so I'll call that a success! Here are 5 highlights...

1)  Rob is another year older and one year away from 40!  WOW...the time is flying by. Hard to believe when I met him he was 18 years old.  Well, his 39th birthday was certainly more laid back than many of the others over the years. Emily and I cooked him dinner and he was asleep before 8 p.m.



2)  Our weather has been nothing short of record breaking this week!  The temps are at all time lows and it is just downright cold!  Miss E is ready with her cute puffy vest and little hat though!


3)  A 3-hour Brownie meeting is about 2 hours too long in my opinion!  On Saturday, Em and her troop had an extra long meeting to make up for lost time due to meetings being cancelled.  It was an absolute nightmare!  I was convinced I may have a panic attack listening to all of the screaming and watching all of the misbehaving.  Way too much for this uptight Mom to handle!

4)  With Christmas closely approaching, Emmy has been consistently focused on wish lists and producing them in a variety of formats…the usual circling of items in the various catalogs that have been sent to the house, the written list and my personal favorite, the “list as a painting” as shown below!


5) I never cease to be amazed by her sweet tooth and and the sheer number of sweet treats she thinks she should consume in a day!  One day this week, she brought an ice cream at lunch, ate a Hershey bar for a “snack” and managed to “sneak” three sugar cookies!  Thank goodness the child has a ton of energy and burns off all those calories!  Who can blame her when the cookies are this CUTE!


No comments: