I am not a religious person but I do believe I am spiritual. This verse from the Bible is significant because of my Tri Sigma sisterhood and it's basically just a good principle for trying to live a charitable and kind life.
I often believe that Emily was brought into my life to teach me patience and understanding. While she and I are alike, we are very different. I have not always been the kindest person and I frequently want everyone to see things my way. It's hard to teach a 37-year-old dog new tricks but I am willing to do it for my daughter. I'm a big believer in karma...did my childhood actions cause her to experience this? I certainly hope not because my adolescent battles should have no effect on my child and I should not watch her struggle because of my poor choices.
The lesson here is to be kind to everyone, embrace the differences in all of us and try to be the best version of you every day. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift."

No comments:
Post a Comment