November 7, 2014

5 on Friday!

Five highlights from the week!

1)  Halloween!  Emily was so excited to finally get to wear her costume and go trick-or-treating with her friend, Tyler!  We sent a photo to Mr. Polamalu via FB so we've got our fingers crossed hoping that he'll respond!  It's a long shot but we figured we'd give it a try.





2)  She is loving her Brownies vest!  So much so that she just wore it all weekend because she likes it so much!  She was so incredibly disappointed that her meeting was cancelled on Saturday and cannot wait until 11/15. 


3)  It's been a weird week..school on Monday, no school on Tuesday, school Wednesday - Friday and Thanksgiving break will be just around the corner.  This year really has flown by!

4)  The time change has hit Em hard. She is not happy about it getting dark so early and no outside play time but I'm kinda excited about it!

5)  I get so incredibly tired of constantly having to search for little girls clothes that are not pink or purple.  Seriously, why?  Well Em needed some new pj pants because she is too tall for all of her old ones and so we had to head to the little boys section just to find some plaid pants.  It is absolutely ridiculous for all of the clothing manufacturers to think that all girls love pink and glitter.  Maybe I should become a clothing designer and appeal to this niche market because I know first hand it exists!

Bonus - Emily is two weeks into her new after school program and really seems to like it.  I'm so glad because we needed to make a change for years and just had never done so.  This option is less expensive and more fun...what's not to love?

Bonus 2 - After lots of practice and a lesson from her PE teacher, Emily is officially a jump roping gal!


Bonus 3 - I may be a little anal retentive!  Glad to know after I posted this photo to FB that I am not alone!  Other mommy friends create quizzes for their kiddos too!  Working toward straight A's is tough work (for Mom's too)!


No comments: