Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) Practice makes perfect! She passed her 1's and is now moving onto the 2's! It's taken her a few attempts to get past the 1's because she has 1 minute to answer 20 questions and she kept running out of time on the last two questions! To help with her 2's, I made some "worksheets" for her and I've been timing her with the stopwatch on my phone.
2) She was so excited that we were finally able to locate a goalie jersey at a soccer specialty shop in Charlotte! In light of the cost and item 4 below, we have decided it will not be the team's goalie jersey but just hers. We also purchased a new pair of keeper gloves and her old pair will now be shared among the team members.
3) We went to see "Muppets Most Wanted" on Sunday! Such a perfect cold, rainy day activity. She and I both agreed that we like the Muppets' movie from a couple of years ago better but this one one was still good.
4) Like Mondays don't stink badly enough! Rob, Emily and I had a date with this guy Monday evening!
Thank goodness Rob took the hair portion and I handled the laundry and disinfecting part! What a nightmare! No one tells you about things like this when you decide to take on the job of parenting...good times! Lucky for all of us, we did not have to go through the same sort of ordeal that my Dad has described over the years when talking about my run in with lice as a little girl.
5) Hard to believe but I had to throw away two gallons of milk over the past couple of weeks! Emily has gone from a girl who would only drink milk and water to a girl only drinking water and juice. Ever since she had her stomach issues a few weeks ago, she has completed laid off the white stuff including yogurt, cheese, and even, ice cream (but not sugar)! Unfortunately, she got sick again late Thursday evening and we had to miss her field trip to Discovery Place today. We had been looking forward to it since the first week of February but c'est la vie! She seems better today but I think that her milk theory must be incorrect because she got sick and it was not caused by milk or cheese...poor kiddo!



No comments:
Post a Comment