1) She was a super helper cleaning the garage on Sunday! Organization always makes me happy and it's so nice to walk into the garage each morning and afternoon and not see a massive mess.
2) Here's another one of Em's masterpieces! This one is a surprise gift for "someone" in May! "Someone" has a birthday on May 3 and Mother's Day shortly follows but I'm not sure who "someone" is...
3) It's one step forward and two steps back when it comes to Emily and her reading. On Tuesday, I received notification from the reading specialist that Emily will now be participating in the Reading Recovery program. I so wish I could figure out a way to make it click for her. I really thought we had been making some progress but hopefully, the one-on-one work with Mrs. Oppel will help her and that's really what it's all about.
4) On Wednesday, her special goalie coach went to work with her team and she was not too pleased about it. She didn't want to share Coach Scott!
5) I gave her $20 for the book fair this week but when we totaled up her order, it was $1.33 short so I told her to get $2 out of her wallet and use it for the tax. Of course, she tried to negotiate me paying her back her $2 when I had more cash but I shut that down! After it was all said and done, she ended up selecting some other books and a couple of toys and came home with her $2.00 and that was after she bought her friend, Cole, a little present too!
Bonus 1 - She was thrilled to receive an Easter present from Granddad which included four new Star Wars lego sets. She immediately tore into the box and had all four assembled in no time! Now she's trying to figure out how she's going to get the last two sets to complete her collection!
Bonus 2 - She had an awesome report card and I could not have been prouder about her improvement in the behavior sections (and she's doing well in her academics too)! Way to go Emily!




No comments:
Post a Comment