1) She is learning about community in school and her homework assignment over the weekend was to take a paper doll somewhere in Fort Mill, take a photo of it in that location and write a short description of the place. We went to dinner at Beef 'O Brady's on Friday so she took her doll there. On Sunday, she wrote about the experience and did a great job! Here is Emily and her doll outside of the restaurant.
2) She had her first outdoor camping experience this weekend. She and Reed (along with their Daddies) had a camp out in their grandparents' backyard. They cooked hot dogs, made s'mores, played music and had an awesome time. Michael and Reed left around 12:30 a.m. but Rob and Emily were troupers and stuck it out the whole night! She came home covered in bug bites (something about Rock Hill, I guess) but had some great stories and made some sweet memories. I stayed home and cleaned like I haven't done in years. In my opinion, I had the better deal...I am definitely not a camper!
![]() |
| Cute cousins in their tent |
![]() |
| Campfire |
![]() |
| No Anders camp out would be complete without a little music! |
3) I introduced her to the card game "War" on Sunday and she loved it!! She beat me two times ( I think that probably had something to do with her enthusiasm). I can remember playing that same game as a kid and loving it!
4) Unfortunately, this appears to be the season that is going to separate the true fans from the fair weather ones. Curious to see which side Emmy is going to end up on! Luckily, her #2 team, the Panthers, aren't doing much better! It's always a sad morning when she asked who won and I have to giver her bad news!
5) She made a little friend who lives a couple of houses down from us. It's nice that she has someone to play with in the afternoons so needless to say so I am spending my evenings this week parked in a camping chair in our driveway...giving her space but still keeping watch. On Wednesday, I was completely shocked when her friend's Mom or Grandma (not quite sure which she is) decided to get in her car and send the children to my house so she could run to the mall. What? She stopped by our driveway and said she would be back in 30 minutes. I asked her if anyone was home at her house and she said No. There is not a single mall that you can get to and back from within 30 minutes of Fort Mill so I told her that we did not plan on being outside for 30 more minutes and that she needed to take the little boy with her. I love the fact that I'm worried about being too overprotective and so many others just the opposite. Totally reminds me of the little girl two years ago that was constantly hanging around our house and her mom would leave to go places and just think that I wanted to look after her child. Insane!! I guess our neighbors are under the completely wrong impression that I am a "kid person" because I am always outside playing with Emily...couldn't be further from the truth. I am an "Emily person" and enjoy playing with MY child...I do not run a day care, I am not a babysitter and I certainly do not want random children that Emily just met being left in my care. CRAZY!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment