June 14, 2013

A new chapter for the Anders family!

Yesterday, Rob and I signed all of the paperwork associated with our new business venture...The Color Factory - an automotive paint store located in Rock Hill.  The previous owners were Rob's suppliers at Lakeside and hand picked him to purchase their business because they thought it would be an ideal fit!


It was only fitting that it was the 13th day of the month because the historically, good things have happened for us on the 13th (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2011/10/october-13th-very-special-day-for-our.html) - we were engaged on March 13th, married on October 13th, blessed with our wonderful Emily also on October 13th and so on.  When I arrived at the bank, I didn't even make the connection until Rob mentioned it to the bank manager.  But nonetheless, I think it is a good sign!

We are so excited about this opportunity and look forward to making a better life for ourselves.  Rob will be able to work normal hours (9-5 Monday through Friday - no nights or weekends) and be home more often to spend time with Emily and watch her grow.  He and I will actually be able to see each other more than a few minutes in the morning and (sometimes) for a few minutes in the evening.  This work is so much less physically demanding than his work at Lakeside Collision and overall, we are just thrilled with the possibilities associated with owning a profitable family business.

I will continue with my job at AFM but will be involved in some of the bookkeeping and marketing duties as well as serving as the Corporate Secretary (a role I am very familiar with since I am the corporate secretary in my current position).  Rob will run the show day-to-day and serve as the President. I envision Emily working there as a teenager which she will either really LOVE or really NOT love but...I'm jumping way ahead!

Rob has worked very hard to get to this point - lots of phone calls and meetings related to securing the money to purchase the business, as well as meetings with the insurance company, our business "advisors" (Andy and Harold), utility companies, the attorney, etc. all while winding things down at Lakeside which officially closed on May 31st.

We are so thankful for all of the help we have received to be able to do this and we will forever be indebted to everyone who helped make Rob's dream a reality (well not forever but for the next 10 years!).  We couldn't have done it without my step dad and mom being able to see the possibilities and take this leap of faith with us, along with additional support from my step grandparents and the wonderful team at TD Bank in Rock Hill.

I am so incredibly proud of Rob and have a really good feeling about this.  He is a very hard worker and knows this business!  At some point in time, good things have to happen to good people and I know that this is his moment to shine.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Congrats on your new adventure! So excited for you guys!!!