Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) On Saturday, we went to the store so Grandma could check it out. On our way there we were talking about getting t-shirts and hats for the business so Rob could wear them to work and give some customers. She was so cute because she asked if she could get a t-shirt to wear when she goes "to work" and then said "A hat would work for me too!" Once we got there, she got busy labeling her own can of window cleaner and then cleaning the counters. She is so excited as you can see in these photos!
2) Sunday was Father's Day and we had the best day day, just the three of us! We went bowling, out to lunch, shopping at Target and then Em and I decided to give Rob a little break and she and I headed to the pool for a bit. She did a great job bowling and really seemed to enjoy it! Here are some photos from our day - notice the matching outfits she and Rob are wearing :) After a busy day, Emily was out for the night at 6:45 p.m., Rob wasn't far behind her and I got to enjoy two of my favorite tv shows in peace and quiet. What a fun day!
3) Since Emily is at KRK full time during the summer, I am able to check in on her again with the cameras which I do from time to time. Each time I do, she and Parker are stuck together like glue. It's just like old times; although I hope they have matured since their pre-kindergarten days and don't get into much trouble this summer!
4) Due to Rob's new schedule, Emily has been asleep most mornings when I leave for work and then she has been picking out her own clothes each day. She has been wearing her finest athletic shorts and baggy t-shirts and loving every minute of it. Truth be told, I don't really mind because her clothes are trashed each afternoon and I have NO problem seeing some of her selections getting dirty!
5) On Wednesday, when Emily was finished playing outside she told Rob "Daddy, I'm just ready to go inside and be quiet. After being around those kids all day, I'm just ready for some peace!" This makes me chuckle because isn't she one of those kids? I can't say that I blame her and I am sure I would feel exactly the same way but it's just a funny thing for a little 6 year old to say!
Bonus - Martha and I went to the Boys II Men/98 Degrees/New Kids on the Block concert Wednesday night. We had the best time swooning over Joey (Martha) and Jordan (me). Unfortunately, some of the boy banders have not aged so well and it was a little embarrassing to see middle aged men doing choreographed dance routines shirtless! One member of 98 Degrees was especially average and reminded us of any guy who could be married to one of our friends - definitely not celebrity material. Several times throughout the concert, we were reminded that the New Kids hit it big 25 years ago! Seems like yesterday but I can say with 100% certainty that I will not be going to another concert in 25 years. I will be 61 years old at that time and just don't think my heart will be able to handle all of the provocative dancing and Magic Mike moves; although they will be 25 years older as well and probably unable to dance quite the same way! Hopefully not, anyway!!








No comments:
Post a Comment