1) On Saturday, we had a girls' day with Grandma. We went to eat lunch, walked around uptown Charlotte, went to the ballet (Peter Pan) and had dessert following. We had a lot of fun and it's days like these that make me miss the "quality time" that my mom and I frequently spent together B.E.
As you can see, she did wear a t-shirt (a new Peter Pan one so at least it was appropriate) and instead of jeans, some green pants. Not to be without her denim, she opted for her jacket. Thank goodness there were tons of children there and attire was all over the place. The craziest thing to me is that she honestly does not have any "dress up" clothes or shoes...all casual wear and sneakers. I have finally learned to stop spending money on things that hang in the closet with the tags on them until they are too little (a small personal victory!).
2) On Sunday, we had a family day and went to see "Oz - The Great and Powerful". I had been wanting to see that movie since we saw a preview for it at Thanksgiving. Emily only wanted to go after her Daddy said he wanted to see it too. I think parts of it were a little too intense for little kids. I often forget that she may be scared by certain things because she always seems so fearless. She definitely did not like it when one of the witches turned into the evil, green witch!
3) On Monday, we when we got home in the evening she wanted to go check out her birdhouse (which she and her Daddy put out Sunday morning). Needless to say we were quite surprised to see a nest in it, literally overnight! We've checked on it a few times since and still no eggs or bird sightings at this time!
4) I don't know if the ballet on Saturday got her in a dancing mood or not but she has been cutting a rug all week! I LOVE watching her break it down and coming up with all sorts of crazy moves!
5) We tie dyed t-shirts this week. Two of the four turned out great, we didn't really follow the directions on the other two so we weren't terribly surprised that they weren't our greatest works of art. Oddly enough, Emily's hands were completely clean of dye but mine were covered! I'm just wondering how long they will be stained at this point but we had fun and Emily is wearing one of the shirts today!
6) She received her second report of the school year and it was all Cs (consistently meets kindergarten standards) and Ss (sometimes meets kindergartens standards). Again, academically she is doing really well. Cs in all of the "subject" and knowledge areas, the Ss were in areas that focused on interacting with peers and showing empathy. I was pleased that she received Cs in the areas that focused on being respectful and courteous toward adults. She is performing at the high end of grade level (two percentage points away from above grade level) but needs to continue working on her writing and reading skills. Coincidentally, those are the two things that she seems to dislike the most and I'm thinking that is because they are not coming easy to her. As a child, I totally loved reading and writing but more than likely because they did come easily to me. I, too, never wanted to put a lot of energy into the things that required a little more effort. As much as I think she is Rob's mini me, I think over time her personality is going to be a lot more like mine.
7) This is something that Rob posted to my FB timeline this week...if only, I could get Emily to wear a pink tutu with her Darth Vader mask, we'd be in good shape!





No comments:
Post a Comment