March 8, 2013

5 on Friday!

This is my 300th post which is hard to believe.  I started this blog on May 13, 2008 - when my big 6 year old was just 19 months old.  The time is flying by.  I know I have written it many times in the past but I wish that I would have started this as soon as she was born.  I did a terrible job keeping up with all of Emily's milestones over the years and really didn't get good about it until I started these weekly posts in February 2011.  With that said, here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  I love looking at her little smile with her missing teeth.  So cute!  I can't wait to see what they look like when they come in.

2)  She's growing like a weed again.  I thought we could make it through the winter without having to buy any new pants but I was wrong!  She had a pair of size 7 jeans in her closet and they fit like a glove...so much more comfortable than the 6's she's been wearing.

3)  Soccer started again this week and she's super excited.

4)  I picked her up some new spring clothes this week while I was out shopping and shockingly, she liked everything I bought!

5)  One night this week while I was cleaning up, I told her "I hope when you grow up, you have a cleaning lady" and she replied "I can be your cleaning lady" which was very sweet but I hope that she at least owns the cleaning business!

Bonus - some new art work.  I like how she wrote "To Mommy" and "From Emily" and punctuated each line with a period!



No comments: