March 25, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top five reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  One day on our way out of KRK, we ran into her good buddy from preschool, Parker.  It was the cutest thing ever...they hugged and then Parker took a step back, looked at her and said "Emily, I almost didn't recognize you. You look so grown up!"  Then she replied "I know.  I am!"  Silly kids!

2)  It was fairly nice weather on Tuesday evening so we took a walk and it was funny to me that the child normally has more energy than anyone I have ever known, yet her legs were tired and she had Rob carry her for quite a distance.

3)  She has become obsessed with playing basketball, perhaps March Madness has caught up with her.  On Saturday, we paid a visit to our neighborhood basketball court so she could shoot some hoops.  The net seemed extremely high and after many attempts I could never make a basket but Emily managed five!  Here is she is looking all sporty in one of her custom tie dyed shirts (http://theandersfamily-sc.blogspot.com/2013/03/more-than-5-on-friday.html).


4)  She received her new soccer uniform at practice on Saturday and it is green and red and pretty unattractive.  Those two colors only belong together on holiday decor not on sports attire but nonetheless, she is excited about it and that is really what matters.

5)  I upgraded my iPhone 3 to a 4s so Emily was the proud recipient of her first "phone".  The calling capability has been disconnected so she can just use it in areas where there is wifi access but she thinks she is a big shot with a cell phone!  The funniest part was that Rob is still using an old school mobile phone that only allows him to make calls and receive text messages (no web capabilities or aps) and his six year old daughter has an iPhone and an iPad!

No comments: