February 8, 2013

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She was so excited that I came to eat lunch with her at her school on Thursday! She chose her friend Caleb to join us and she requested that I bring Subway for lunch.  It felt just like my Winthrop days eating on the stage in the caf!  I can't believe it is already February and I hadn't gone to eat lunch with her before now. I'll have to try to go again before the end of the year because I know how much she liked it (and I liked it too)!

2)  Reading has been a theme throughout many of my posts since she started kindergarten but there is really nothing sweeter than hearing her little voice read a book.  A current favorite is "Go, Dog Go!" by Dr. Seuss and I absolutely love every minute of listening to her read it aloud.

3)  Unlike all of the super crafty Mommy ideas that I keep pinning on Pinterest, Emily's valentine's day cards for her classmates are store bought and I think she probably likes them better than if I took the time to do some sort of fabulously adorable homemade thing.  I have enjoyed sitting with her as she addresses each one and signs her name with such determination and always with a capital E and a capital L!

4)  She built a fort in her bedroom out of blankets and absolutely LOVES it!  It's really cute watching her all snugged up in there reading a book or watching a show on her iPad.

5)  She has been on a roll with greens at school which always makes me happy and I know makes her very proud of herself.  Of course, the routine will be disrupted again when they have a four-day weekend next Friday and the following Monday but we'll take it as it comes.

BONUS - her other upper front tooth looks like it is on its way out next so we are back to watching her eat with her side teeth and of course, to hear her tell it, another non-loose tooth!

No comments: