Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!
1) I am amazed how grown up she seems these days. On Saturday, she went for a haircut and seemed like such a little adult sitting there carrying on a conversation with the lady that cuts our hair.
2) She actually missed school for being sick this week which was a first. She was running a pretty high fever on Monday and the nurse called and asked me to pick her up. Due to school policy, she was not allowed to return until she had been fever free for 24 hours so we had a nice day at home together on Tuesday even if she wasn't feeling so great.
3) We were all excited about heading to the beach this weekend and Emily and I always sing the same song repeatedly before we go "I can't wait to go to the beach, beach, beach!" Hopefully after we head to the pediatrician later today, she'll get some good meds and be feeling better tomorrow so we can still go...fingers crossed!
4) She made sure her Daddy took her to buy me a Valentine's Day card and present on Thursday. She's so thoughtful. She was so excited as I read her card aloud and we all laughed like crazy when it said "husband" not Mommy! So she immediately took a sharpie and marked through husband and wrote Mom under it.
5) She has fallen in love with one of the pillows from our guest bed and has dragging it around with her all week. It really is an awesome pillow...so awesome that I ordered two more from Pottery Barn...one for her and one for me!


No comments:
Post a Comment