December 7, 2012

5 on Friday!

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am loving Emily this week!

1)  She was thrilled that the Steelers beat the Ravens on Sunday and even happier that Polamalu played this week!  Here she is right after their victory...smiling and waving her terrible towel!


2)  Her enthusiasm for holiday decoration is infectious!  This is the first year, we have put lights outside of our house and I love it and so does she!


3)  I love listening to her practice for her Christmas program at school.  As a kid, I always loved performing in my elementary school plays and I'm getting a kick out of having this in common with her!

4)  She had her six year old check up on Tuesday.  Dr. Cook said she looks great; although her weight gain over the past year was a little alarming.  Kids should gain no more than 10 pounds per year and our little eating machine packed on 12 so her days of eating three donuts are behind her.  Since she started kindergarten and has less time in the day to be running around burning off those calories, we’ve noticed a little bit of a difference.  Her little tummy is a little rounder and all of the jeans we bought at the beginning of the school year are already too small!  Hard to believe this is the same kid that at age 1 was considered underweight and we were worried about her not gaining any weight!

5)  We received our annual gift of Redstone chocolates from Granddad and she labeled each box.  Chocolate covered cashews - "Daddy Only!"; chocolate covered pretzels - "Mommy Only!" and peanut butter logs - "Emily Only!"  - the girl is a mess!  Maybe her candy obsession has something to do with #4!

No comments: