December 14, 2012

With a heavy heart

Words cannot express the pain in my heart today. I am absolutely devastated by the events that took place in Newtown, CT, today. As the mother of a kindergartner, I cannot even wrap my head around the pain and sorrow that the parents of the victims are feeling or how frightened the students and teachers must have been. With Christmas being just days away, it is even more heartbreaking to think that is typically the most wonderful time of the year and something as terrible as this happened. Each morning, we send Emily off for the day and just assume that she will be safe, the same thing I am sure so many of those parents in CT thought today. It is so saddening to think that we live in a world where things like this seem to happen more and more often, in fact, just earlier this week. I look at my little Emily and I see such innocence and the promise of all that she will become and it breaks my heart that so many children, the same age as her, will never get to experience all of the things I look forward to watching her experience. It is a sad, sad day and I am sending thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the victims.

No comments: